Lost or stolen wallet


  Decrease Text Size Increase Text Size

What to do if your lost or stolen wallet contains:

  • Passport - Call the State Department at 1-877-487-2778 or TTY 1-888-874-7793. If you want to replace the passport, you have several options:
    • If you are traveling within the next two weeks, make an appointment to apply in person at a Passport Agency or Center .
    • If you are not traveling within two weeks, submit Form DS-11 and DS-64 in person at an authorized Passport Application Acceptance Facility.
  • Credit and ATM/debit cards - Report the loss or theft to the card issuers as quickly as possible. Learn more
  • Social Security card - If you have lost your Social Security card, you need to get in contact with the Social Security Administration. Learn more
  • Driver's License - Procedures for reporting and replacing driver’s licenses vary state by state. Learn more
  • Checks - Call or contact your financial institution immediately. If the check hasn't already been cashed, then you can request that they put a stop payment on it. It's a formal request that the check not be paid out by the bank if it's deposited or presented to be cashed. Learn more
  • Green card - If you've lost your green card, go to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website to apply for a replacement card.
  • Insurance cards - If medical, auto, or other insurance cards are lost or stolen, contact your insurance companies. If you are concerned about unauthorized claims being filed on your account ask about a replacement policy number.
  • Membership cards - For library cards, gym cards and other membership cards, contact the issuer.

eFraud Prevention™, LLC