Lost Debit / Credit Card Numbers
What to do if you suspect credit card fraud.
- Contact your financial institution or credit card company to cancel your card and request a new one.
- Check with your issuer to verify that your mailing address has not been changed.
- Review your transactions regularly. Make sure no one misused your card.
- If you still have your card but fraudulent purchases have been made, call your issuer to report the fraud and get the fraudulent charges removed
- Contact the credit bureaus to let them know that fraud has occurred. A "Fraud Alert" message will be placed on your file.
- If you have automatic payments set up, update them with your new card number.
- Request a copy of your credit report and review it carefully. Check your credit report at annualcreditreport.com.
Payment Processors: You can also contact payment processors who will work with you in communicating with your financial institution or national card issuer.
- MASTERCARD - In the U.S. - 1-800-MASTERCARD (1-800-627-8372)
- VISA - Cardholders in the U.S. and Canada can call Visa Global Customer Care Services at 1-800-847-2911. Outside US and Canada, cardholders can call collect using the local operator 1-303-967-1096, or alternatively call your local toll-free number. For the hearing impaired, please call 1-800-TDD-1213 in the US or Canada or 1-305-278-4285 or 1-512-865-2002 in all other countries
- AMERICAN EXPRESS - In the U.S. 1-800-992-3404 (toll free). Outside the U.S. 1-336-393-1111 (collect)
- DISCOVER - Customer Service at 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683)
- DINERS CLUB - Emergency Card Services at 1-800-234-6377
For cards issued by national credit card issuers, use the number below to get assistance.
- Bank Of America - 1-800-732-9194
- Barclays - 1-877-523-0478
- Capital One - 1-800-427-9428, 1-800-239-7054
- - 1-800-432-3137 (Personal Credit Cards) 1-888-269-8690 (Business Credit Cards)
- Citi - 1-800-950-5114
- USAA - 1-800-531-8722